At Imperative Impact making work meaningful is what we do.
As we grow our team we are looking for passionate and skilled individuals who are looking to make an impact in business, with clients and in the world.
You are a dedicated communications professional who has a proven track record of providing outstanding communications support. A creative and organized multi-tasker with excellent attention to detail, no job is too small and no job is too big for you to successfully complete. You have proven experience developing, implementing and managing successful social media strategies that engage and inspire communities.
You are adept at creating and reviewing a wide variety of communication materials to support communications objectives and can ask the right questions to deliver the best communication product. You are a positive person and a team player who can prioritize and re-prioritize as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Draft content for a wide range of communication materials across multiple channels, including web copy, social media, promotional material, presentations, reports, stories and other digital content. · Proofread, update, and fact-check communication materials, ensuring a consistent brand voice in all external and internal communications. · Build relationships with and work to support clients’ communications objectives. · Provide input and collaborate on creation of event and communication plans, managing and executing specific deliverables as assigned. · Assist in maintaining an editorial calendar. · Coordinate and layout content for newsletters, blogs and presentations
· Support the development and implementation of a social media strategy, with specific goals to grow followers, engagement and brand mentions across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, Instagram and YouTube. · Coordinate and manage social media requests for clients. · Maintain social media calendar and update platforms: draft copy, post, monitor social media activity and reply/comment as needed.
· Provide media relations support, including: media monitoring, distribution of releases and advisories, reviewing and drafting of media backgrounders and fact sheets. · Maintain accurate and up-to-date media lists. · Support clients for media interviews, as required. · Support the coordination of media interviews.
Project Coordination and Support
· Coordinate meetings, book rooms, assist with uploading documents for client meetings and events. · Manage internal reviews of material, consolidate feedback and share revisions/approvals with team. · Compile and review third-party research and articles on a variety of issues · Maintain monthly reporting on social media, media monitoring, website traffic and individual campaigns. · Analyze, develop and report on media coverage for brand impact, as well as social media campaign metrics, website traffic and other campaigns.
· Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in a communications role. · Outstanding writing and editing skills for a variety of mediums. · Demonstrated experience developing and implementing successful social media strategies across a variety of platforms. · Experienced with social media analytics, Google Analytics and SEO. · Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint as well as MailChimp. · Demonstrated project management coordination skills. · Proven ability to complete work with minimal supervision. · Ability to interact effectively with senior executives · Passion for impact
How to Apply To be considered, interested candidates should forward a covering letter stating why they would be suitable for the role along with a copy of their resume and salary expectations (as one document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Communications and Social Media Coordinator.
No phone calls please. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
416 270 9987 180 John Street, Suite 201 Toronto, Canada M5T 1X5